Seeking Safety Peer Researchers
Monday May 29, 2023
We have had the great pleasure of meeting the Seeking Safety Team and working with them for three days on their peer research training. The researchers are undertaking research on the Seeking Safety Project. We loved the tasty cake that said “best research team”.
The Seeking Safety programme was established in November 2022 through the National Clinical Programme for Dual Diagnosis. Its initial focus is on women with mental health substance and trauma lived experience. The aim of the programme is to provide peer support and run the Seeking Safety porgramme groups.The workers are in seven HSE Community Healthcare Organisations (CHOs) in partnership with HSE-funded agencies (host orgnaisaions).
There are 7 host organisations, with each organisation employing one Seeking Safety Project Worker. The host organisations are:
• Ballyfermot Star, Drumfinn Park, Drumfinn, Ballyfermot, Co. Dublin
• Ballymun Star, The Horizons Centre, Balcurris Road, Ballymun, Dublin 11,
• Reddoor Project, St. Marys Convent School, Dublin Rd, Drogheda, Co. Louth
• Roscommon Women’s Network, Unit 5, The Old Mill, Castlerea, Co Roscommon. F45 TN82
• Ruhama, 4 Castle St, Dublin 2
• SAOL Project, 58 Amiens St., Dublin 1
• Sophia Housing, 25 Cork Street, Dublin 8