Community Organisation Management Course – February 2018
Wednesday February 7, 2018
This is not a Dublin North, North East Recovery College course but we wanted to let you know about it as one of the way in which we work is using community development principles so it might be a nice way to learn about community development in the community. For more information please contact Joanna or Lynda.
The course provides an insight into the theory and practice of management and leadership in community organisations with a strong focus on developing leadership capacity.
The programme is specifically designed to support those currently employed or volunteering within the community sector and who are giving consideration to progressing to managerial roles, board memberships in the sector, or to further and higher education in this area.
- Community development theory
- Analysis of the community and voluntary sector and policy context
- Leadership and management theories
- Leadership in the community
- Organisational theory
- Developing organisational vision and mission
- Organisational structures and processes
- Financial management Governance in community and voluntary sector
- Expert guest speakers and site visits
Start: 13th February 2018, Tuesday
Dates & times: Tuesdays, 10.00 – 15.00 (one day per week)
Duration: 12 weeks
Venue: DCU in the Community, Shangan Road, Ballymun
Course Fee: €200 (the fee includes certification and all course materials)
Applications: Application form and a short interview
Deadline for Applications: 9th Febrary 2018
Joanna Ozarowska, DCU in the Community, 01 700 8851 email@example.com
Lynda Ward, Sillogue Neighbourhood Centre, 01 563 5253, firstname.lastname@example.org